IN-LINE LIQUID ANALYZERS AND PROCESS REFRACTOMETERS
PRODUCTS -BY INDUSTRY-
K-Patents refractometer determines the concentration of dissolved solids by making an optical measurement of a solution’s refractive index (nD). The refractometer measures the refractive index nD and the temperature of the process medium. The measurement is based on the refraction of light in the process medium, called critical angle of refraction, using a yellow LED light source with the same wavelength (580 nm) as the sodium D line (hence nD).
The concentration is calculated based on the refractive index and temperature, taking pre-defined process conditions into account. K-Patents refractometer can indicate different scales, for example Brix, liquid density or concentration by weight.
Currently, K-Patents has 3 refractometer technology generation platforms in production. Most recent and advanced is the Platform 4 (P4), where up to 4 refractometers can be connected to one User interface via Ethernet or 4 to 20 mA connection. However, there are different product models with different features for particular industrial applications, and each model is adapted for different industrial requirements.
Typical Pharmaceutical Applications
- PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMICALS Acetylsalicylic acid, Calcium gluconate, Glycerophosphates, Chloral hydrate, Saccharin,
Antihistamines, Tranquilizers, Antifilarials, Diethyl carbamazine citrate, Antidiabetics and more
- ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICAL INGREDIENTS Actives, Excipients, Intermediates, Raw material, Fine chemicals, Bulk chemicals
- ANTIBIOTICS Penicillin, Streptomycin, Tetracyclines, Chloramphenicol, Antifungals
- SYNTHETIC DRUGS Sulfa drugs, Antituberculosis drugs, Antileprotic drugs, Analgesics, Anesthetics, Antimalarials
- DRUGS OF VEGETABLE ORIGIN Quinine, Strychnine and Brucine, Emetine, and Digitalis Glycosides, Herbal extracts
- BLOOD PRODUCTS Blood, Plasma, Serum, Infusion liquids, Sodium chloride, Glucose
- PROTEINS Proteins, Protein buffer solutions
- VITAMINS Ascorbid acid, Ca-arabonate, Riboflavin, Vitamin-B, Vitamin-C Sodium Pantonate. and more
- SYRUPS Concentrated aqueous solutions of sucrose
- SYNTHETIC HORMONES
- VACCINES AND SERA
- ACIDS, BASES AND SOLVENTS
- SURGICAL SUTURES Glue for human tissue